Thursday, October 28, 2021

BETTER TODAY THAN YESTERDAY

In your hour of greatest despair,

Would it not be a great thing to have a witch as a friend?


RLJ




(28)

BETTER TODAY THAN YESTERDAY

(Mahwah, N.J.)


Yesterday was simply an awful day! My good friend since way bask in elementary school, Mary, wanted me to conjure her deceased husband back to life!

I told Mary that, hey, I'm Lorie Jones, the woman you keep telling that she is your best friend in the world... that it is impossible for me to bring him back alive because he has been dead for a month and his brain has rotted by now!

Of course, as these horror stories go, she didn't care about what I had to say, about the consequences of blasphemy, she only wanted her her Harry back! And she was in a state of distraught so severe that she was psychotic! The look in her eyes told me she, her mind, was simply gone! 

So, I used my powers over magic and illusion to change her perception of reality! I determined that there was only one way to give my friend the relief from her grief that she needed. I gave Harry back to her. She and Harry are now in heaven together, forevermore living in bliss... inside the brain inside the skull of her comatose body!

And as the ambulance pulled away from her driveway, and as I locked her front door before driving to the office of her lawyer, who happens to be my lawyer as well, to give him the keys to her house, I stopped to think about what had just happened... to my childless friend... who only had me and her dead husband to call upon... all I could say is, surely she is better today than she was yesterday!


Mary Steele


(RLJ)


No comments:

Post a Comment