Tuesday, October 19, 2021

WHAT THE OLD MAN SAID

All of our eyes will see the inviting light,

Or the frightful darkness,

When death finally reaches out to touch us...

Is what the old man said!


RLJ



 


(19)

WHAT THE OLD MAN SAID


What said he, 

The dying old man named Jed Smith,

Sitting proud and stubborn in his death watch rocking chair,

Looking across the street at the neighborhood activities!


Hey you kids over there...

You ones...

Come over here and listen to me right now...

Listen to me tell you something about life that you need to know!


All six of you...

Jumping and yelling and running around like wild cats...

Burning all your teenage energy chasing your own crazy tails...

Not one of you spending a second to look at my decay!


All of you need to sober up right now...

Because I am staring at death and and I see something very dark...

Something heart stopping scary staring through me as it looks at all of you...

Death smiling as it bides its time until it catches you, too!


RLJ


No comments:

Post a Comment